Property Owners And Managers
Automatic transfer of gas service for Rental properties
With the Property Owner and Management Agreement program, Property Owners and Managers can provide Union Gas with instructions to manage gas service when a tenant moves out of a rental property.
How the Property Owner and Manager Agreement program works:
- Complete the Property Owner and Manager Agreement form and select a gas service transfer option for your rental properties.
- When a tenant moves out and there is no new active account holder, we will automatically transfer or disconnect the gas service according to your instructions.
- If you are enrolled in the Automatic Payment plan (APP), payments will start automatically when the property is transferred to your account.
- The account connection/transfer charge will be waived if you choose to always transfer the rental property into your name between tenants.
- Continuance of gas service to your rental property between tenants.
- Automatic transfers – no need to contact Union Gas every time a tenant moves out.
- Annual confirmation of your transfer instructions for your rental properties.
- We will send you an annual confirmation of your transfer instructions for your rental property.
- Transfer gas to your account between tenants. There will be no connection/transfer fee or deposit charge applied. You will be responsible for full payment of the gas service until a new tenant has established a Union Gas account at the rental property.
- Transfer the gas service to your account if the property is vacant between November 1 and April 30 and disconnect the gas service if the tenant moves out between May 1 and October 31. You will be charged a connection/transfer charge each time the gas service is transferred to you.
- Disconnect gas service automatically when a tenant moves out.
How to enroll:
- Complete a Property Owner and Manager Agreement and send to us.
- Your Property Owner and Manager Agreement will be effective within three days of receipt.
You will be enrolled in the program within three days of receiving your signed agreement.
To change your transfer option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays).
To add or delete a rental property, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays).
To cancel your Landlord Agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays).