Property Owners and Managers
Automatic transfer of gas service for rental properties
With the Property Owner and Management Agreement program, Property Owners and Managers can provide Union Gas with instructions to manage gas service when a tenant moves out of a rental property.
My rental properties
How the Property Owner and Manager Agreement program works:
- Complete the Property Owner and Manager Agreement and select a gas service transfer option for your rental properties.
- When a tenant moves out and there is no new active account holder, we will automatically transfer or disconnect the gas service according to your instructions.
- If you are enrolled in the Automatic Payment plan (APP) and Paperless Billing, these programs will automatically start again when the property is transferred to your account.
- The account connection/transfer charge will be waived if you choose to always transfer the rental property into your name between tenants.
- Continuance of gas service to your rental property between tenants.
- Automatic transfers - no need to contact Union Gas every time a tenant moves out.
- Notification of tenant move in and move out requests and notification of gas service disconnections.
- Annual confirmation of your transfer instructions for your rental properties.
Transfer gas to your account between tenants. There will be no connection/transfer fee or deposit charge applied. You will be responsible for full payment of the gas service until a new tenant has opened a Union Gas account at the rental property.
Transfer the gas service to your account if the property becomes vacant between November 1 and April 30 and disconnect the gas service if the tenant moves out between May 1 and October 31. You will be charged a connection/transfer charge each time the gas service is transferred to you.
Disconnect gas service automatically when a tenant moves out.
How to enroll:
Register or login to myaccount and click the My Rental Properties tab to create a Property Owner and Management Agreement or complete a Property Owner and Manager Agreement and send completed form to email@example.com or mail to Union Gas Limited, PO 2001 Chatham, ON N7M 5M1 ATTN: Moving Support.
Through My Rental Properties, you can add properties as of today's date or to be effective at a date in the future- for instance, if you are purchasing a new rental property. Any updates that you make to your agreement through My Rental Properties will be automatically applied. If you choose to mail an agreement form to us, you will be enrolled in the program within three days of receiving your signed agreement.
To change your transfer option, update your agreement online on the My Rental Properties tab after logging in or registering with myaccount. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays).
You can cancel your landlord agreement online through the My Rental Properties tab in myaccount after logging in. You can also email email@example.com or call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except holidays).