Who's at my door
Identifying Union Gas employees and contractors
All Union Gas employees and authorized contractors wear a visible identification card with a photograph and his or her name.
- Union Gas' Authorized Contractors include: Aecon Group Inc., Eco-fitt, Envirocentre, Link-Line, Lakeside Gas Services, GTel Engineering and Hetek Solutions Inc.
- Union Gas also works with participating certified energy advisors in our Home Reno Rebate program. These advisors can perform an energy assessment for you to identify efficiency opportunities in your home, and you can receive up to $5,000 in rebates towards the cost of the assessments and renovations, plus additional appliance rebates. Visit our Home Reno page for a list of the participating certified energy advisors in your area.
- If you are unsure, contact us at 1-888-774-3111 to validate the representative's identity.
What we do
- Take monthly meter readings and replace your gas meter.
- If we do need to make a service call, we will:
- Notify you in advance whenever possible.
- Identify ourselves.
- State the purpose of our visit.
- Occasionally our representatives will knock on doors when promoting Union Gas programs, but we will be wearing ID badges.
What we don't do
- We do not sell natural gas door-to-door.
- We do not sell, rent, or service natural gas appliances.
- Our representatives will never come to your door and ask to see your gas bill.