Runsmart Building Optimization
We provide an incentive to customers for the successful implementation of low-cost and no-cost energy-saving measures that optimize a building's energy use. Optimization improves your building's overall performance by identifying building-maintenance and operational-efficiency improvements.
How to Runsmart
- Ensure equipment and systems operate properly.
- Ensure sensors, controls and setpoints are established and secured.
- Balance and monitor air intake and exhaust quantities.
- Identify and act on building envelope improvements.
- Create a culture of continuous energy management, dedicated to maintaining peak performance.
- Get help to identify improvements that will optimize building performance.
- Provides an easy-to-use checklist to track performance improvement measures and behaviour changes.
- Provides detailed information and instruction for the implementation of energy-saving Runsmart actions.
- Provides analysis of energy consumption to help you track your progress.
RUNSMART BUILDING OPTIMIZATION INCENTIVES
5% to below 10% of natural gas saved: $0.20/m3
10% to below 15% of natural gas saved: $0.25/m3
Over 15% of natural gas saved: $0.30/m3
Eligible customers have > 50,000 m3 annual consumption, completed no DSM activity in the past 2 years and have no plans for capital projects in the upcoming 12 months. Education, multi-unit residential, large office and retail are eligible.
How to Participate
- When you sign and return the checklist, the 12-month program period begins.
- Monitor and maintain the Runsmart recommendations for 12 months.
- Earn between 20¢/m3 and 30¢/m3on your natural gas savings.
Contact your Energy Solutions Consultant to see if you qualify
Applying is easy. Simply contact your energy conservation advisor or send us an email using the button below. An energy conservation advisor will get back to you within 5 business days to discuss next steps.