Union Gas takes safety seriously. All around you, natural gas is being used safely and responsibly, providing Ontario homes and businesses with clean, affordable and reliable energy.
Natural gas smells like rotten eggs or sulphur so you know right away if there's a leak. It's not toxic but it's highly flammable. Here's how to stay safe:
- DO get everyone out of your home and off the property
- DO report the leak to Union Gas at 1-877-969-0999 or call 911
- DON'T call from inside your home or garage
- DON'T turn electrical switches or appliances on or off
- DON'T smoke or use lighters or matches
- DON'T start motors or motor vehicles on the property
Does your family know what to do if they smell rotten eggs? WATCH AND STAY SAFE
What's that smell?
You can't see it or smell it, but you can inspect, detect and protect your family from toxic carbon monoxide in your home.
Sewer pipes sometimes intersect with gas lines underground. Call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 before trying to clear a blocked sewer.
Call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to locate underground utility lines before digging on your property. It’s the law.
Make sure Union Gas can access your gas meter easily all year round in case of emergency and for accurate meter readings.