Off Peak Storage
Looking to store gas for a short period of
time? Are you able to avoid the peak injection season?
Our off peak storage service provides shippers with access to storage space during Union Gas' non-critical storage periods.
Traditionally, off peak storage is available any time between November
and August of each year. Off peak storage provides shippers with the
flexibility to inject and withdraw gas at their discretion to meet short-term needs. Shippers looking to capture premiums in the market, balance
supply or manage delivery commitments on downstream pipelines typically
use this service.
Off peak storage can be cycled, there is no
obligation to withdraw before end of the contract term, and firm or
interruptible injections and withdrawals can be negotiated. The term is
also negotiable but limited to less than one year and should not cross into the
peak storage season.
- Firm/interruptible injections and withdrawals can be negotiated
- Ability to cycle multiple times
Receipt and Delivery Points
- Negotiated price
- Fuel included in price
- Cycling charge for injection or withdrawal beginning on second cycle
- Shippers are billed monthly
- Less than one year
- Term may not be extended beyond October 31st
- Available to all shippers who hold an interruptible hub contract
- Credit may be required
- Maximum credit requirement - full demand charge
How to Request Service
- Shipper typically initiates request for this service
- Please contact your account manager
for further information
Back To Top