Union Gas Binding Open Season for Peak Storage Service
April 4, 2016
Union Gas is conducting a binding open season for Peak Storage Service at its Dawn Hub storage facility starting April 1, 2017 or April 1, 2018.
Shippers seeking access to flexible, customized premium storage for peaking service needs can submit bits up to 2 Bcf for two service options:
1. Peak Storage Service - a firm storage service, with a term of two to ten years, with rights to be full through the critical fall period. Shippers can choose one of several standard service options or fully customize the service to their specific requirements.
2. Additional Firm Injections and Withdrawals - for shippers with existing firm storage service or shippers who want firm injections and withdrawals in excess of the parameters offered in the open season.
"Union Gas' Peak Storage service offers shippers unparalleled flexibility to meet their requirements, and reduce operational costs," said Jim Redford, Vice-President Business Development Storage and Transmission for Union Gas.
Benefits for shippers include the ability to:
- Capture daily, monthly and seasonal price volatility/spreads
- Balance demand and supply needs - meet peaking requirements, diversify supply and protect downstream markets
- Hedge commodity purchases - fixed gas costs and protection from gas price run-ups
- Improve load factor on upstream and downstream pipelines by right-sizing storage
- Bundle storage with other services like C1/M12 transportation to satisfy market opportunities in Ontario, Québec, and the U.S. Northeast
The Union Gas Dawn Hub is one of the largest integrated natural gas storage facilities in North America. Strategically located in southwestern Ontario, Dawn provides shippers with direct access to North America's major supply basins including abundant and affordable natural gas supplies in the Utica and Marcellus producing regions. With multiple supply routes from western Canada, mid-continent, the Rockies and the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the ability to serve markets in eastern Canada and the U.S. Northeast, the Union Gas Dawn Hub is a reliable, secure, and liquid natural gas trading hub.
The open season closes at 2:00 PM Eastern Time on April 20, 2016.
For additional information: