COVID-19 Enbridge Gas system operations
It is certainly a challenging time around the world, including within our industry, as we navigate through coronavirus (COVID-19) and the changes in the global oil markets. We want to assure you that we are prepared and have experience managing our operations through a large-scale crisis, as we've done through previous emergency conditions like H1N1.
Our commitment to our employees and our customers
Our commitment to deliver reliable operations and excellent customer service remains unchanged, as is our focus on the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
We would like to assure you that there are no impacts to the storage and transportation services we provide to our customers at this time, including emergency response, and our operations remain unaffected.
Protecting our employees, customers and the communities we serve
Over the past few weeks, Enbridge Gas has been monitoring and proactively instituting measures in line with our pandemic and business continuity plans.
We have taken several steps to help protect our employees and customers from exposure to the virus, including:
- Enacting work-at-home plans starting Tuesday, March 17 for many of our employees. For the small number of staff required on site, including Gas Control and some Nominations employees, we are enacting social distancing and have increased cleaning efforts.
- Implementing further restrictions on the access to our Gas Control Room.
- Providing information to our employees on universal cold and flu precautions such as frequent hand washing and advising them to stay at home if they feel unwell.
- Limiting employee travel.
- Prior to returning to work, employees and contractors, are assessed by our health team if they are returning from personal travel to any location identified as having sustained or widespread COVID-19 transmission.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will monitor new developments and implement appropriate steps to protect our employees and customers. We will endeavour to provide updates regularly on our website.
Our staff remains available to help you meet your business objectives. Enbridge Gas contacts and hotline numbers relating to our storage and transportation services are listed in the Contact Us section of our website.
Please contact our storage and transportation services leadership or representatives if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued business and stay safe.
Vice-President, Energy Services