We take safety seriously. All around you, natural gas is being used safely and responsibly, providing Ontario homes and businesses with clean, affordable and reliable energy.

Gas leak? Your nose knows.

Natural gas smells like rotten eggs or sulphur so you know right away if there's a leak. It's not toxic but it's highly flammable. Here's how to stay safe:

  • DO get everyone out of your home and off the property
  • DO report the leak to us at 1-877-969-0999 or call 911
  • DON'T call from inside your home or garage
  • DON'T turn electrical switches or appliances on or off
  • DON’T open windows
  • DON'T smoke or use lighters or matches
  • DON'T start motors or motor vehicles on the property

Does your family know what to do if they smell rotten eggs? WATCH AND STAY SAFE

Make sure everyone in your household knows what to do if they smell a gas leak. WATCH AND STAY SAFE

What's that smell?

Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

Illustration of an agent inspecting a meter.

You can't see it or smell it, but you can inspect, detect and protect your family from toxic carbon monoxide in your home.

Call before clearing a blocked sewer

Illustration of a house and its' underground pipelines.

Sewer pipes sometimes intersect with gas lines underground. Call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 before trying to clear a blocked sewer.

Call before you dig

Illustration of a man thinking about digging safely.

Call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to locate underground utility lines before digging on your property. It’s the law.

Keep your meter clear

Illustration of a happy meter smiling.

Make sure we can access your gas meter easily all year round in case of emergency and for accurate meter readings.