Stop Gas Service
We have resumed natural gas service work such as meter exchanges and some customer requested meter work, where it is safe to do so. Where this work requires us to enter homes and businesses, we've implemented protocols to ensure public and employee safety including pre-screening questions for customer visits and augmented personal protective equipment requirements where necessary.
For full details and updates, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
- The date you want to stop gas service at this address.
- A forwarding address for your final gas bill.
- If you are logging in to myaccount for the first time, you'll need your 14-digit Union Gas account number and an email address.
Let us know before your moving day. Call the Customer Contact Centre at
1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., (except holidays).
There is no charge to close your Union Gas account.
The final bill contains:
- Gas usage up to the date you move out.
- Monthly charge - for the number of days on your final bill.
- Charges for gas storage, transportation and delivery.
- If you have the Equal Billing Plan (EBP): On your final bill, your account will be credited or billed for any difference between the EBP instalments you have paid and the gas you've used.
- If you have the Automatic payment plan (APP): The final payment will be withdrawn on the withdrawal date shown on the bill.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. It is important you provide us with your new mailing address to ensure we can mail you your final gas bill as well as any security deposit refund or credit owed to you.
You will be asked to indicate whether or not you need a reference letter when completing your Stop Gas Service request.