Home Energy Audit
We promote energy efficiency and encourage everyone to have an energy reduction plan.
- Make a list of the energy-saving jobs needed. Note the jobs you can do yourself and the jobs needing a professional contractor.
- You may qualify for the Home Efficiency Rebate for energy-efficient renovations or upgrades to your home. Find out about the Home Efficiency Rebate.
- As you complete the jobs, we are confident you will be pleased with the results – lower energy bills and greater comfort. Track your energy-saving progress in MyAccount, our online account management tool.
Get a professional energy audit
Hire a professional energy advisor licensed by Natural Resources Canada to assess your home's energy efficiency. The energy advisor evaluates your current energy efficiency and suggests improvements. The advisor inspects your home from top to bottom and conducts a blower door test to measure heat loss.
- A report suggesting improvements, ranking the cost-effectiveness of each improvement, and any upgrades eligible for government rebates.
- An EnerGuide rating for your home, from 0 to 100. EnerGuide is an energy-efficiency rating, developed by Natural Resources Canada, used to compare the energy performance of similar-sized homes.
Hire a professional energy advisor