ENERGY STAR® for New Homes Features
To earn the label, a home must be built by a licensed ENERGY STAR® builder to a higher standard of energy efficiency– behind the walls, up in the attic and under the foundation. Look for the familiar ENERGY STAR® label, usually found on the electrical panel in the utility room.
See what goes into an ENERGY STAR® home.
Some of the key features that set an ENERGY STAR® home apart
Download the Brochure
Keeping the savings in
- Better insulation, properly installed, creates a better barrier between you and the elements outside
- Air sealing reduces leaks, drafts and utility bills
- ENERGY STAR qualified windows, doors and skylights reduce heat loss
Efficient Temperature Control
- High efficiency heating and cooling equipment is properly sized to improve comfort, reduce cold spots, and save energy
- HVAC equipment and associated ductwork are professionally installed to maximize comfort and performance
- Ducts are sealed to reduce air leakage, improve comfort and enhance savings
- High performance ventilation improves air quality by exhausting stale air and distributing fresh outdoor air evenly throughout the home
- Filters reduce pollutants and dust
- Heat/Energy Recovery Ventilation captures heat and energy to improve comfort and cut costs