Automatic Payment Plan
- No cheques to write or stamps to buy.
- No late payment fees, even if you're away.
- No missed payments.
- Know exactly when your bill is paid.
How the Automatic Payment Plan works
- Your Union Gas bill is paid automatically from your financial institution account on the last day before late payment fees apply.
The payment withdrawal date is shown on your bill or monthly email notification.
- Billing and payment dates are determined by your meter reading date and can't be changed.
- Choose paperless billing and have your gas bill emailed to you each month. You can also sign up for an annual summary of your bill history, emailed to you each January. Sign up for a payment reminder email sent every month, so you never forget to make a payment. Log in to myaccount and select the paperless options you want.
Two ways to enrol
- Log in to myaccount. If you are logging in to myaccount for the first time, you'll need your 14-digit Union Gas account number and an email address. See the account number on a sample bill.
- Call us at 1-888-774-3111, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to sign up.
You'll need the institution, transit and account numbers from the bottom of your cheque. See sample cheque below.
Frequently asked questions
- Automatic payments usually start the month after you sign up. Pay your bill as you normally do until you see a paper bill or email that says "The amount due will be withdrawn from your financial institution on MMM DD, YYYY".
Your financial institution will automatically transfer the payment on the date indicated.
The withdrawal date shows on your paper bill or on your monthly email if you are enrolled in Paperless Billing.