You may be required to provide a security deposit if you are a new customer or a current customer where future payment cannot be assured.
- Residential security deposits are equal to the cost of two months average use, based on the last 12 months of gas usage for your home.
- You have the option to pay the security deposit in instalments over a maximum of six months, without interest.
- If you have an excellent payment history, we'll automatically return the deposit, plus interest to your account 12 months after the deposit is paid in full.
If you are a new Union Gas customer, we will waive the security deposit if you:
- Enrol in the Equal Billing Plan and Automatic Payment Plan or
- Provide a reference letter from a Canadian electric or natural gas utility. The reference letter must:
- Be from a Canadian electric or natural gas utility.
- Be dated within the last 60 days.
- Show at least 12 months of good payment history.
- Email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your 14-digit Union Gas account number. See sample account number on bill.
If your payments are not received on-time in full, you may be required to provide a security deposit.
Closing your account
If you close your account and have a security deposit on record, the security deposit is returned on your final bill.