Call before you Dig
Avoid danger – call Ontario One Call
It’s against the law in Ontario to dig without having natural gas and other utility lines on your property located and marked.
No matter how big or small your project, contact Ontario One Call 1-800-400-2255 before you dig.
Visit the On1call website
When to call:
- Every digging job requires a utility line locate – even small projects like planting trees and shrubs or putting in a fence.
- Call before clearing blocked sewer lines too.
What happens next
- Ontario One Call sends your request to all participating utilities to schedule free visits to your property.
- The utilities will locate and mark the underground facilities so you can safely complete your project.
It’s important to call first
- It’s against the law in Ontario to dig without having natural gas and other utility lines located and marked.
- Damage to natural gas and water pipes or utility and cable lines could cause a safety hazard or disrupt service to an entire neighbourhood.
- You and your contractor are liable for the cost of repairs for damage and injuries.
What is Ontario One Call?
- Ontario One Call is a free utility-locate service that lets you create a single locating request for Union Gas and other member utilities.
Request a gas line location
Contact Ontario One Call:
- Call 1-800-400-2255 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit on1call.com