Changes coming for July 6
Back to the top
This July, we will be reaching some significant milestones on our journey as a single, amalgamated company. As we bring together more of our processes, visit this page often for key dates and updates that will help you prepare for a smooth transition.
On July 6, 2021 we are excited to introduce our newly designed website on enbridgegas.com! The easy-to-use and intuitive navigation will make it simpler to find the information you need.
We will be performing maintenance updates to our website and select customer service applications starting Sunday June 27 to Monday July 5.
As we make the transition to our new customer service applications, it will result in some online system outages, like myaccount. We encourage you to complete any transactions prior to June 27.
*Customers using our Enerline application are not impacted.
Specific outages include:
Logging in to myaccount
myaccount will be unavailable due to maintenance updates. For the month of June, all eBill customers will receive a PDF version of their bill to help with the transition. In July, your usual bill delivery method will resume.
Reaching us by phone
Our contact centre staff and ombudsman office will not have access to customer account information during this time. Agents will be able to answer general questions but will not be able to process any transactions such as moves and payment arrangements.
Sending us move details
If you are moving during this time, we encourage you to enter your moving information as soon as possible, or you may have to wait until after the maintenance updates are complete.
Paying your Enbridge Gas bill
Payments made between June 22 and July 4 will not be processed until July 5. Rest assured, you will not be charged any late payments as a result of these outages.
If your pre-authorized payment (PAP) is to be withdrawn between June 22 to July 4, rest assured, it will be come out on Monday, July 5. After that, there may be a delay in your PAP “balance will be withdrawn on” date appearing in My Account. Check your actual bill for your next payment withdrawal date and the My Bill notice will be updated after your next billing period.
Submitting a meter read
Meter reading submissions will not be available during the maintenance update. If we are unable to obtain a meter read during this time, you will receive an estimated bill. You can submit your actual meter read the following month.
The outage dates listed could change as our online updates progress. Check back often for the most current information.
Need to know more
How to prepare your myaccount information:
There are some things you can do in advance to ease the transition to the new My Account system. Please take a few minutes to review your online account settings.
- Sign up for paperless billing: The new My Account will only be available for customers who receive an electronic bill. If you currently receive a paper bill but would like to continue to have online access to your account after July 6, sign up now for paperless billing. You can change your bill delivery option by clicking CHANGE on the account summary page in myaccount.
- Add our new eBill email address to your safe senders list: your ebill will now arrive from email@example.com.
- Update your email address: The new My Account will use your email address as your log in after July 6. Make sure the email we have on file is correct by going to “myaccount Profile” under the Update My Info tab and review or change the email address listed under User ID Preferences.
- Verify and determine your preferred log in: In the new system, there can only be one log in used per account. If you currently have multiple people each using their own log in to view your account, like yourself and a spouse or parent, going forward only one log in can be used. If multiple people need to view your account, they would all use this one log in going forward. Alternatively, you can remove any log in you don’t want to have moved to the new system. Sign into myaccount and go to Remove An Account under the Update My Profile tab. This will disable online access for this log in. Don’t worry, removing an account here only removes the ability to view the account online using this log in, it doesn’t stop any gas service or billing.
- Remove unneeded accounts: If you currently view multiple gas accounts in your online account, consider removing any gas accounts where you are not the primary owner/user or that you no longer need to view. To remove a gas account, sign into myaccount and go to Remove An Account under the Update My Profile tab. Don’t worry, removing an account here only removes the ability to view the account online using this log in, it doesn’t stop any gas service or billing.
- Download your old bills or any closed account information: Our new My Account system will contain two years of your historical billing and gas usage data. It will also contain pdf copies of your bills from May 2020 and forward. If you would like to keep copies of your bills dated before May 2020, please download and save them. Closed accounts with no balances attached will also not move into the new system. Be sure to download any information you want to keep from these accounts.
Credit card payments will not be available from mid-June until July 6. Vist our payments page for alternative payment types available. Please visit enbridgegas.com following our updates to sign up for a new credit card account.
Our phone and emergency numbers will change effective July 6, 2021. You will find our new numbers listed on our website on July 6. For general enquiries please contact us at 1-877-362-7434. In emergency situations, like if you smell gas, contact our emergency line at 1-866-763-5427.
Equal Monthly Payment Plan
For customers currently part of the Equal Monthly Payment Plan, your new EMPP period will begin this August. Here’s what the next few months will look like:
- June. Your current EMPP term will end and you’ll be credited or charged the difference between your EMPP instalments paid and your actual usage.
- July. Before the new plan starts, your bill will reflect your actual gas usage for this month.
- August. Your new EMPP plan and instalment will begin. Current EMPP customers will be automatically re-enrolled. Your monthly EMPP instalment will be reset based on your expected gas use and the gas price forecast for the coming year. If you would prefer to cancel your EMPP, simply log in to myaccount and under Account Preferences, select the Equal Billing EMPP change button.
- Account numbers will now change each time a tenant moves out and the account reverts to the landlord. It's important that you make sure you use this new account number when you make your bill payments.
- Landlords should use myaccount to get information on their property and its gas usage.
- If your preference is to have the gas shut off between tenants, you will not receive a notification but you will be able to view the status of your account in myaccount.
- If you would like to update any of your preferences before our online updates take place, log in to myaccount and select the “My Rental Properties” tab.
Master Summary Billing customers
In an effort to improve the efficiency of our billing schedules and service, we have made some revisions to Master Summary Billing.
The most notable change to our service is customers will receive only one master summary bill per month, instead of up to four separate bills. This will make your account information easier to find and review. The name of the program is also changing. You will see it called consolidated billing going forward.
You may notice a change to the timing of your Master Billing group(ings), such as:
Your bill may arrive earlier or later in the month than it has in the past and your payment due date may change. If your account is on our Automatic Payment Plan (APP), your payment withdrawal date may also change. (Refer to the lower right-hand corner of your bill to determine your revised withdrawal/due date).
||Current bill date
||Current withdrawal date
||Next/new bill date
||Next/new payment date
||May 10, 2021
||May 26, 2021
||June 22, 2021
||July 8, 2021
||May 17, 2021
||June 2, 2021
||June 22, 2021
||July 8, 2021
||May 25, 2021
||June 9, 2021
||June 22, 2021
||July 8, 2021
||June 1, 2021
||June 17, 2021
||June 22, 2021
||July 8, 2021
Your first monthly bill may be higher or lower than you expected. This is because of the altered timing between your last billing and current billing periods. In future months, your bill will remain on the MSB 3 cycle, soon to be renamed the Collective Billing schedule, and for the remainder of the year will bill on the following dates:
Aug. 3, 2021
Sept. 2, 2021
Oct. 1, 2021
Nov. 2, 2021
Dec. 2, 2021
Effective May 1, if you have an MSB 3 login, you will use only this login moving forward. If you do not have an MSB 3 login, one will be created and sent to you. You will now be able to view your data for all of your accounts with one sign in.
The change to the Master Summary Billing program will take place in May 2021.