Energy Star Steam Cooker
A steam cooker (or compartment steamer) uses steam heat to cook food in a compartment that seals in air and liquids. Energy Star models are up to 50 per cent more energy efficient than standard steam cookers.
To find out more, contact your Union Gas Account Manager.
Email Us Today
Buy & Install
Choose a service provider who’s familiar with Union Gas energy saving programs.
Find A Professional
How It Works
Steam cookers can deliver steam to the cooking compartment in several different ways, including pressurized, pressureless, boiler and connectionless steamers as well as in-compartment steam generators. Steam cookers that have earned the ENERGY STAR® designation offer shorter cook times and higher production rates, along with higher energy efficiency ratings.
- Improved energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® steam cookers meet specification requirements of 38% natural gas minimum cooking efficiency, and a maximum idle rate (which varies with steamer size)
- Reduction in natural gas usage
- Shorter cooking time
- Higher production rates
- Improved steam delivery
- Reduced heat loss (better insulation)
- Energy and cost savings
- Water savings through reduced condensate draining
ENERGY STAR® steam cookers are ideal for use in all commercial food service or food processing institutions.
For more information, visit our incentives page.