Energy Star Dishwashers
Energy Star Dishwashers are certified for a maximum water usage per cycle.
For more information, call your Union Gas Account Manager or send us an email.
Email Us Today
Buy & Install
Choose a service provider who's familiar with Union Gas energy savings programs.
Find A Professional
How It Works
What qualifies a commercial dishwasher for Energy Star Certification is that it must meet maximum water consumption requirements during the final rinse and use less energy while idling between wash cycles. Energy Star qualified dishwashers are required to use a maximum of 5.8 gallons of water per cycle or less. This is almost twice as efficient as older models, which commonly used 10 or more gallons of water per cycle.
New technology has made this possible. The technology includes:
- Soil sensors test how dirty dishes are to minimize water usage
- Better water filtration removes food remnants from the water allowing efficient use of detergent and water
- More efficient jets use less energy to spray detergent and water over the dishes when cleaning
- New dish rack designs maximize cleaning by strategically placing the dishes.
Dishwasher maintenance is minimal. However, you should check with your installer or service provider to determine any maintenance guidelines to ensure optimal performance.
- Save on your utility bills
- Consume less water and energy
- Help the environment
Any commercial or industrial building that has a kitchen and uses non-disposable kitchenware can benefit from an Energy Star Dishwasher. Size requirements for dishwashing machines can be calculated by estimating the number of individuals served by the establishment. This information is key in determining of the type of dishwasher that is most suited for a facility.
For more information, visit our incentives page.