This system is the natural way to save. The ozone laundry system is a piece of equipment added onto a new or existing commercial washing machine. Ozone laundry systems can be free-standing or wall-mounted units.
The added system generates ozone, a naturally occurring molecule that helps clean and disinfect fabrics by chemically reacting with soils in the laundry. Common applications are long-term care homes, hospitals, hotels, laundromats, correctional facilities and athletic clubs.
OZONE LAUNDRY INCENTIVES
for commercial laundry
- $0.04 x total annual pounds of laundry processed
- Rental/leased equipment is eligible
Service Provider Incentive
- Only commercial laundry equipment using water heated by natural gas equipment is eligible.
- Washers dedicated to cleaning heavily soiled laundry are not eligible for this offer.
- Multi-residential buildings must have commercial extraction or tunnel washers.
- Maximum amount of $15,000 per ozone system, not per washer. Incentive is based on annual pounds of laundry as calculated by the ozone laundry vendor for system installed.
- Incentive amount cannot exceed 50 percent of the total equipment cost and installation. Delivery and agreement fees are not eligible costs.
- In-suite units are not eligible.
- Rental ozone laundry systems are eligible, but a 10-year minimum rental agreement is required.
Work With a Trusted Service Provider
Locate qualified professionals who are experienced with our programs. These trusted providers are ready to help you assess the best energy-efficient equipment solutions for your business.
Find a Professional
Apply for Equipment Incentives
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application. After you submit it, an energy conservation advisor will contact you within 5 business days to review your application and discuss next steps.
More Information About Ozone Laundry
The ozone laundry system is an add-on piece of equipment that is used in conjunction with a new or existing commercial washing machine that utilizes ozone to clean laundry.
How Ozone Laundry Works
Using ozone to clean laundry involves using water saturated with ozone instead of standard tap water. Laundry disinfecting has been traditionally done by bleaching with chlorine at high temperatures along with agitation. Unfortunately, bleach is a naturally slow reactant in cold temperate, so hot water is needed to be effective.
Ozone carries an electrical charge that disinfects in place of hot water. Ozone is highly effective in cold water and reacts very rapidly, breaking up soil on contact. By adding ozone, you will use significantly less detergent as well. Because the detergent has been reduced, rinse cycles to remove detergent residues will be shortened.
- Reduce hot water usage by as much as 85%, significantly reducing energy costs
- Reduce water consumption by approximately 30%
- Shorten wash cycles and drying time, saving water, energy and extending linen life
- Effective against bacteria, viruses and microorganisms
- Improve wash quality for whiter, brighter and softer linens
Just like any device, performing regular maintenance will keep ozone laundry systems operating at peak efficiency and will prevent most issues. Be sure to check with your service provider for ideal maintenance schedules, however. General annual maintenance will include:
- Checking valve replacement
- Fuse replacement
- Reaction chamber inspection/cleaning
- Reaction chamber o-ring replacement
Ozone laundry systems are ideal for commercial and institutional organizations such as hotels/motels, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, nursing homes and commercial laundry facilities that use thousands of pounds of laundry per year.