Dock Door Seals
Whenever a dock door is opened during loading or unloading activities, infiltration losses occur between the truck and the door when the truck trailer is pulled up to the dock door. There is a solution to this issue – Dock Door Seals.
Dock Door Seals reduce the infiltration losses at the shipping and receiving door and during loading and unloading operations, by “sealing” the gap between the truck and the dock door. This can be done by either surrounding the dock with wide pads and compressing the trailer (this is called a compression seal), or with a foam frame that compresses against the sides and top of the trailer box, which is a shelter/curtain seal.
DOCK DOOR SEALS (DDS) INCENTIVES
New offer for existing shipping doors - dock-in
Compression seals 8' x 8', 8' x 9', 8' x 10'
Shelter seals 10' x 10'
Service Provider Incentive
- Only replacement of existing deteriorated seals or the addition of new seals to an existing building with shipping/receiving dock doors that do not have any type of seal in place are eligible.
- New construction is not eligible for this offer.
- If other mechanisms that combat infiltration at the shipping/receiving door are present, such as air curtains, it is not eligible.
- The space adjacent to the door must be heated during the heating season by natural gas fueled equipment. Two types of seals (compression and shelter) are eligible based on door size. Compression seals (this is a foam pad that is wide and fixed to the door, with a min. of 40 oz vinyl cover) on 8' x 8', 8' x 9' and 8' x 10' doors.
- Shelter type seals (this is a curtain-like seal with a foam frame that compresses against the sides and top of the trailer box, with a min. of 40 oz vinyl cover) on 10' x 10' doors.
- Existing deteriorated are only eligible if the Incentive Application is approved by an Enbridge Gas representative and if the existing seal has a minimum average 2-inch gap based on a 6-point measurement outlined below.
- This measurement must be taken and provided with the application form to be eligible.
If a measurement is not provided with the application, then it is not eligible.
gap1 , gap2 , gap5 , gap6 = linear gap between the door frame and the deteriorated seals measured at the top and bottom of the side frames in inches
gap3 , gap4 = linear gap between the door frame and the deteriorated seals measured at two corners on the top door frame in inches
Average = average deteriorated seal gap (inches)
- If Average ≥ 2 in = deteriorated seal, eligible
- If Average < 2 in = not deteriorated seal, not eligible
Please note that you are measuring “absence” of the seal that was in place before but that is now torn.
Work With a Trusted Service Provider
Locate qualified professionals who are experienced with our programs. These trusted providers are ready to help you assess the best energy-efficient equipment solutions for your business.
Find a Professional
Apply for Equipment Incentives
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application. After you submit it, an energy conservation advisor will contact you within 5 business days to review your application and discuss next steps.