Reduce your heating and cooling costs.
DESTRATIFICATION FAN INCENTIVES
for Commercial/Industrial new construction and existing buildings
- Space must be heated by ceiling mounted natural gas forced air heating systems, including unit heaters and have floor level thermostat temperature controls.
- Only High Velocity Low Speed (HVLS) fans with minimum diameter of 20 feet for use in warehousing type buildings with a minimum of 25-foot ceilings.
- Not eligible where other equipment that combat destratification such as radiant heaters and/or high velocity vertical throw unit heaters are present.
Work with a trusted service provider
Locate qualified professionals who are experienced with Union Gas programs. These trusted providers are ready to help you assess the best energy-efficient equipment solutions for your business.
Find a professional
Apply for equipment incentives
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application. After you submit it, a Union Gas Account Manager will contact you within 5 business days to review your application and discuss next steps.
More information about Destratification Fans
A Thermal destratification is the equalization of the air temperature throughout a building or enclosed space through HVLS directional fans.
How Destratification Fans work
Destratification ceiling fans are huge downdraught fans ranging from 8 feet to 24 feet in diameter. These fans offer an inexpensive and efficient way to bring the heat down from the ceiling to mix with cooler floor temperature air, ensuring a consistent and comfortable temperature where it is most needed.
These fans prevent all the hot air in a facility from rising to the ceiling and all the cold air from sinking to the floor. Destratifying the air within a building ensures the temperature remains consistent.
- Provides a consistent even temperature from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.
- Minimizes the amount of warm air that has to be continuously replaced with cold outside air to achieve adequate ventilation.
- Works alongside existing HVAC systems.
- Simple to install and runs with minimal operating costs.
- Quiet and efficient operation.
- Provides a comfortable workplace and increases productivity.
- Constant summer airflow lowers humidity which will eliminate condensation, mould growth, wet floors and corrugated box and container degradation.
- In new construction, destratification fans can eliminate the need for expensive duct work for both heating and air conditioning systems.
Destratification fans require minimal maintenance. However, dust and debris can often build up in the device and cause a drop in performance. To ensure optimum performance and noise reduction, be sure to clean the fans routinely.
These fans offer the highest potential for energy savings in facilities with large stratification temperature differences such as warehouses where the greater the ceiling height, the greater the potential for savings in heating load.