Save energy even when the doors are open. Air curtain technology delivers a controlled stream of air that separates the indoor and outdoor environment. Air curtains reduce infiltration of cold or hot outside air through doorways, significantly reducing natural gas heating in winter and air conditioning in summer.
AIR CURTAIN INCENTIVES
for Commercial/Industrial new construction and existing buildings
Single Pedestrian Doors
$300 per single door 7' x 3'
$400 per single door 7' x 6'
$500 per single door 8' x 6'
Double Pedestrian Doors
$600 per double door (2) 7' x 3'
$800 per double door (2) 7' x 6'
$1,000 per double door (2) 8' x 6'
Pedestrian Single Door Air Curtain with Vestibule
$200 per single door 7' x 3'
$300 per single door 7' x 6
$400 per single door 8' x 6'
Pedestrian Double Door Air Curtain with Vestibule
$400 per double door (2) 7' x 3'
$600 per double door (2) 7' x 6'
$800 per double door (2) 8' x 6'
Shipping and Receiving Doors
- $1,800 per door 10' x 10'
Bonus Incentives exclusively for shipping/docking doors*
* Equipment must be purchased and installed between December 1, 2017 – September 30, 2018
8'x8' & 8'x10' size door
Incentive increased from $1,200 to
10'x10' size door
Incentive increased from $1,800 to
Service Provider Incentive
- Pedestrian single and double doors and shipping doors in buildings with natural gas space heating
- Other door sizes not listed above may be eligible
- Replacement of existing air curtains is not eligible
- Buildings with vestibules are not eligible
- Equipment installed must be tested by a third-party performance standard (ANSI/AMCA 220-05 or similar)
- Air Curtains - Pedestrian Doors with Vestibules: Air Curtains must be installed on the exterior door of the vestibule
Work With a Trusted Service Provider
Locate qualified professionals who are experienced with Union Gas programs. These trusted providers are ready to help you assess the best energy-efficient equipment solutions for your business.
Find a Professional
Apply for Equipment Incentives
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application. After you submit it, a Union Gas Account Manager will contact you within 5 business days to review your application and discuss next steps.
More Information About Air Curtains
An air curtain is a device that blows a stream of air across a doorway (or window when opened) to reduce heat loss or heat gain. The airstream also reduces the entrance of dirt and insects.
How Air Curtains Work
The air curtain fan propels air at programmed speeds and direction, to provide a wall of air across the opening of a door or window. The air is blown at a high enough speed and thickness that prevents outdoor and indoor air from mixing. This air flow also acts as a barrier to dust, odor and insects from entering the building.
- Energy and cost savings
- Provides a consistent temperature and improved work environment
- Generally improves air quality when used in combination with a make-up air system by producing a good air mixture and reducing stale contaminated air
Air curtains require minimal maintenance. However, dust and debris can often build up in the device and cause a drop in performance. To ensure optimum performance and noise reduction, be sure to clean the filters routinely.
Air curtains are ideal for buildings that use large doors frequently. Air curtains are commonly used on openings to the outdoors or to sections of a building that are not heated that may need to remain open because of high traffic.
Typical applications include loading docks, store or office entrances and cold storage facilities.