Energy Star Dishwashers
ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers for restaurants and commercial kitchens include undercounter, stationary rack and rack conveyor units.
ENERGY STAR® DISHWASHER INCENTIVES
for commercial foodservice
$100 per unit
- Stationary rack
$200 per unit
- Rack conveyor
$450 per unit
Service Provider Incentive
- Low and high temperatures
- High temperature units only for stationary rack and single tank rack conveyor
- Purchased and rental units are eligible
- Commercial food preparation or processing
Work With a Trusted Service Provider
Locate qualified professionals who are experienced with Union Gas programs. These trusted providers are ready to help you assess the best energy-efficient equipment solutions for your business.
Find a Professional
Apply for Equipment Incentives
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application. After you submit it, a Union Gas Energy Conservation Advisor will contact you within 5 business days to review your application and discuss next steps.
More Information About ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers
ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers are certified for a maximum water usage per cycle.
How ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers Work
What qualifies a commercial dishwasher for Energy Star Certification is that it must meet maximum water consumption requirements during the final rinse and use less energy while idling between wash cycles. Energy Star qualified dishwashers are required to use a maximum of 5.8 gallons of water per cycle or less. This is almost twice as efficient as older models, which commonly used 10 or more gallons of water per cycle.
New technology has made this possible. The technology includes:
- Soil sensors test how dirty dishes are to minimize water usage
- Better water filtration removes food remnants from the water, allowing efficient use of detergent and water
- More efficient jets use less energy to spray detergent and water over the dishes when cleaning
- New dish rack designs maximize cleaning by strategically placing the dishes
- Save on your utility bills
- Consume less water and energy
- Help the environment
Dishwasher maintenance is minimal. However, you should check with your installer or service provider to determine any maintenance guidelines to ensure optimal performance.
Any commercial or industrial building that has a kitchen and uses non-disposable kitchenware can benefit from an ENERGY STAR® Dishwasher. Size requirements for dishwashing machines can be calculated by estimating the number of individuals served by the establishment. This information is key in determining the type of dishwasher that is most suited for a facility.
The ENERGY STAR® name and symbol are registered trademarks of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are used in Canada with permission.