October 2017 Energylink
Target your energy savings
Energy costs have a big impact on your bottom line. To help you reduce energy use and save money, we’ve updated the Energy Target calculator on our website. Use it to find opportunities to save energy and reduce your operating costs.
The Union Gas Energy Target calculator provides targeted information:
- Customized reports analyzing your organization’s energy use.
- Specific recommendations for saving money and energy.
- Financial incentives you can qualify for from Union Gas.
- Opportunities to lower your energy costs with low or no cost.
Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
You can’t see it or smell it, but carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that can be deadly.
Fuel-burning equipment that is malfunctioning or poorly vented can cause a dangerous build-up of CO. Take these steps to keep your workplace safe:
- Get the furnace, water heater and all other fuel-burning equipment inspected and maintained every year by a Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) registered heating contractor.
- Install CO alarms on every level of your business.
- Check to ensure outside exhaust vents, flues and chimneys are kept clear of leaves, nests and other debris.
Please note that CO alarms detect CO only. To detect a natural gas leak, you need a natural gas alarm or combination CO/natural gas alarm.