If renovations are on the agenda this spring, be sure to put safety ﬁrst.
At least ﬁve business days before the ﬁrst shovel breaks ground, contact
Ontario One Call to locate and mark utility lines on your property. They’re fast, their service is free and they’ll save you from costly – possibly dangerous – accidents. Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s against the law in Ontario to dig without having natural gas lines located.
- Digging or excavating could damage the network of hydro, gas, water and TV/telephone lines that may lie just below the surface of your property.
- Damage to these pipes or wires could create a safety hazard or shut down service to an entire neighbourhood until the system is repaired.
- Business owners or their contractors are liable for damages, which could include a costly lawsuit if personal injury or property damage result.
- Contact Ontario One Call at
on1call.com or toll free at
- You’ll be provided with a free locate report of the underground utility lines on your property so you can complete your project safely and responsibly.
uniongas.com/safety for more information about natural gas safety.