Customer Balancing Service (CBS) Details
Do you need to balance your deliveries and consumption in northern or eastern Ontario?
Do you want to avoid significant TCPL load balancing penalties?
The Customer Balancing Service (CBS) is designed to meet Union Gas' Northern and Eastern T-service customers' need to balance plant consumption with their TCPL deliveries on a daily basis. This is accomplished by assigning individual customers a tolerance band up to which they can withdraw or inject gas on a daily basis to manage small swings in daily consumption.
CBS is a flexible service that offers T-Service customers the ability to park and/or draft volumes. Each customer is given a lower and upper tolerance that they can balance within, on a daily basis. The lower tolerance can be zero or less than zero based on agreement between Union Gas and the customer.
The rate for the CBS service is structured into three components and gives customers control over their charges as they only pay for the service they use. It is made up of the associated TCPL LBA charges, CBS Commodity Fees and any Cumulative Balancing Service charges incurred.
The injection and withdrawal rate is charged on all volumes that pass through the CBS account and changes as a T-Service customer's storage balance changes. The associated TCPL charges reflect the direct TCPL costs that are incurred by Union Gas to balance the T-Service volumes. This is a straight pass through of costs.
Customer Balancing Service Fees
- Daily Balancing Service Fee
proportionate share of the TCPL Limited Balancing Agreement (LBA) costs
- Union CBS Commodity Fees
- Overrun, if authorized, equals 50% of the Bundled (T-Service) Storage Authorized Overrun Commodity Charge for Rate 20 or Rate 100; if unauthorized, equals the greater of 100% of the Bundled (T-Service) Storage Authorized Overrun Commodity Charge for Rate 20 or Rate 100 and the maximum cumulative balancing fee as defined in TCPL's tarriff.
- The lower tolerance can be zero or less than zero based on agreement between Union Gas and the customer.
- The cumulative balancing fee is applied daily when a customer's CBS balance exceeds their maximum tolerance (cumulative balance x 0.25 x KPUC EDA(1) FT toll)
TCPL's Rates (Mainline tolls in effect)
(1) Load center for former TCPL Eastern Zone
For more information contact your Union Gas Account Manager.