FIRST Robotics Canada
We Continue to Grow Our Partnership with FIRST
We believe investing in today’s youth has many rewards. Continuing the company's legacy of community giving, we are very pleased to support the 2020 FIRST Robotics Canada (FIRST) and FIRST Robotics Competitions (FRC) that provide high school students with opportunities to learn new skills that prepare them for the future. Enbridge Gas is excited to support the FRC competitions and 12 Ontario secondary school teams with a $70,000 platinum-level sponsorship.
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) inspire students, teachers and mentors to work together to build a robot to face off against other robots. FIRST not only promotes student development in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) disciplines, they also learn important values like safety, teamwork and collaboration, and something FIRST call "gracious professionalism". It's a term that promotes win/win relationships in a way that demonstrates integrity, respect and valuing others, individuals and teams. As FIRST says, "it's not about the Robot."
Our partnership with FIRST is a fulfilling one for the company and the many employees who donate time mentoring students and judging the competitions. We take pride in knowing we help encourage young people to pursue further studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Many of these participants have aspirations for careers based on these disciplines.
Our 2020 sponsored teams include:
- Amazon Warriors - #6875 – Community based team in Windsor, ON
- C.K. Cyber Pack - #5689 - Community based team in Chatham, ON
- Raider Robotics - #5024 - H.B. Beal Secondary School in London, ON
- QuickStrike Niagara - #6978 – Community based team in St. Catharines
- Newman Robotics - #4618 - Cardinal Newman Catholic Secondary School in Stoney Creek, ON
- Sir Lancer Bots - #4917 - Elmira District Secondary School in Elmira, ON
- SMT Titans - #6140 – St. Mother Teresa Catholic Academy in Scarborough, ON
- Lakers – #7564 – G.L. Roberts Collegiate & Vocational Institute in Oshawa, ON
- W.A.F.F.L.E.S. - #4476 - Community based team in Kingston, ON
- Merge Robotics - #2706 – Community based time in Ottawa, ON
- Ice Cubed - #1305 - Community based team in North Bay, ON
- Tiger Robotics - #7723 – Westgate Collegiate & Vocational Institute in Thunder Bay, ON
FIRST Robotics Canada, a registered charity, was established in 2001 and incorporated in 2004 with a mission to inspire Canadian high school and elementary school students to pursue further studies and careers in science, technology and engineering. It pursues its mission primarily through offering opportunities for students, working in teams and assisted by expert adult mentors, to build robots and to take part in tournaments which feature on-field competitions, judged awards and other forms of recognition, potentially including university and college scholarships.
Connect with FIRST Robotics:
If you are interested in learning more and getting involved, check out these interesting links:
Learn about our other partnerships:
As an active supporter of United Way, we run employee
campaigns each fall across the province. We are proud to provide a
dollar-for-dollar corporate match for our employees and retirees
contributions to our annual United Way campaign.
For more than 60 years, the Stratford Festival has been
delighting and inspiring audiences of all ages – and we have been a proud
member of the ensemble for 49 years.