Charitable Giving Guidelines
The criteria that Union Gas
considers when evaluating a donation request are listed below.
Qualifications for Charitable
To be eligible and considered for a charitable contribution, charitable organizations must meet the
- Canadian grant recipients must
be recognized as a charitable organization registered with the
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Be applying for programs and
services that fall within our defined focus areas.
- Be located in the communities
that we serve (where we have assets, employees or do business).
- Have strong fiscal management
and governance practices.
Restrictions for Applicant
We do not provide charitable
contributions to the following types of requests or organizations:
- Athletics, including individual
sports teams and all-star teams
- Capital campaigns and endowments
- Multi-year gifts, commitments or
- Grants to individual agencies of
the United Way, because contributions to health and human service
organizations are made through significant support during our annual
campaign (except through our employee driven volunteer grant and
matching gift program as applicable)
- Organizations that discriminate
by race, creed, gender, age or national origin
- Political activities and
- Underwriting of films, video and
- Sectarian/religious activities,
including churches, synagogues and other places of worship
- Conferences, trips or tours
- Fraternal, veteran or labour
groups serving only their members
- Membership fees or association
fees, either personal or corporate
- Family Foundations
In alignment with our vision of becoming the Partner of
Choice for our communities and the Employer of Choice for
individuals, we invest in three primary areas of focus in
communities where we live and work.
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply for funding.