Union Gas at a Glance
A quick reference guide of company highlights. Looking for who we serve, where we are and what we do? You'll find the short answers here.
Over 100 years of experience and service to customers in Ontario.
50 Keil Drive North, Chatham, Ontario, N7M 5M1.
Phone: (519) 352-3100 or (800)-265-5230
Number of Customers
Number of Employees
- Revenue - $1.8 billion
- Net Income - $205 million
- Total Assets - $8.2 billion
- Distribution main and service pipelines - 65,390 km (40,630 miles)
- Transmission pipelines - 4,850 km (3,015 miles)
- Safe and reliable distribution of natural gas to homes, businesses and industry
- Innovative storage and transmission services for other utilities and companies
Distribution of Natural Gas
Union Gas' distribution business serves about 1.4 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in more than 400 communities across northern, southwestern and eastern Ontario. Our distribution service area extends throughout northern Ontario from the Manitoba border to the North Bay/Muskoka area, through southwestern Ontario from Windsor to just west of Toronto, and across eastern Ontario from Port Hope to Cornwall.
Storage and Transmission Services
In addition to providing distribution services to customers in its franchise area, Union Gas serves the surrounding storage and transmission marketplace. The Dawn Hub is the largest integrated underground storage facility in Canada and one of the largest in North America. It offers customers such as power generators, distribution and pipeline companies and energy marketers an important link in the movement of natural gas from Western Canadian and U.S. supply basins to markets in central Canada, the Great Lakes region and the northeast U.S. At Union Gas we strive to be the supplier of choice. In addition to the vast integrated physical assets at our disposal, we also create and provide leading edge services to allow customers to make the most of those assets.
Storage Facilities at the Dawn Hub
- Canada's largest integrated underground natural gas storage facilities in 23 depleted gas pools in southwestern Ontario.
- Working capacity: about 162 billion cubic feet (Bcf).
- An integrated storage operation that provides unmatched reliability
Watch our video to learn about the Dawn Hub
- 1,205 Bcf (Distribution volume - 472 Bcf; Storage and Transmission activity - 733 Bcf)
- Regulated under the Ontario Energy Board Act (1998).
*Information as of Dec. 31, 2016.