Equal Billing Plan
More predictable bills
Your New EBP Instalment Amount Starts in September
Our Equal Billing Plan (EBP) customers will see their new monthly EBP instalment amount on their September bill.
- EBP runs from September to July, with a new EBP instalment amount starting each September.
- Your new EBP instalment is based on your total gas usage from the previous year and current gas rates.
Why your EBP instalment may be higher this year
- Last winter’s extreme weather led to increased energy use, and the increase in demand led to higher natural gas rates. As a result, your new EBP instalment is likely higher than last year.
- Overall, natural gas remains plentiful, and long-term forecasts continue to suggest that the price of gas will be relatively low well into the next decade. If rates change or if your gas usage is significantly different than estimated, your EBP monthly instalment amount will be adjusted mid-year.
Your total annual gas bill, divided equally
Spread your annual natural gas costs evenly through the year for easier budgeting and a more predictable monthly bill.
Enrol in the Equal Billing Plan
Log in to MyAccount or sign up for MyAccount. Go to Bills & Payments and select the Equal Billing Plan (EBP) tab to calculate your monthly instalment and enrol.
- Stable and equal monthly bills throughout the year.
- Pay only for the natural gas you use
- Free to join
How the Equal Billing Plan works
- We estimate your Union Gas charges for the upcoming year based on current gas rates and your total gas usage from the previous year. That annual amount is divided into 11 equal monthly instalments.
- You’re billed the same amount from September to July. However, throughout the year, we check to see if your gas use is on track with our estimate and if there’s a significant change in usage or gas rates, we’ll adjust your EBP instalment mid-year. Mid-year adjustments prevent the jolt of a large true-up in August.
- In August, you are credited or charged the difference between the EBP instalments that you have paid and your actual gas usage.
- You are automatically re-enrolled every September. Your monthly instalment is reset in September for the upcoming year, based on expected gas rates and your usage history.
- You can join anytime.
Equal Billing Plan (EBP) on your bill
- The cost of gas used - Total charges from September to August
- The amount billed - Total EBP instalments for current plan year
- EBP balance - difference between the usage and billed instalments
Cancel the Equal Billing Plan
- Log in to MyAccount and go to the Bills & Payments tab & then select the EBP tab.
- Your account will be charged or credited the difference between payments received and the gas you’ve used. If your security deposit was waived when you signed up for EBP, it could be billed to your account when EBP is cancelled.
Still have Questions?