Equal Billing Plan
April 2015 Review of Equal Billing Plan (EBP) Instalments
- All Equal Billing Plans were reviewed in April 2015, and your monthly EBP instalment amount may have changed.
- The new monthly instalment will be billed in each month from April to July. In August, you will be credited or charged the difference between the EBP instalments paid and your actual gas usage.
- Check your EBP balance on your latest gas bill or by logging in to MyAccount.
- See below for details of the Equal Billing Plan.
Your total annual gas bill, divided evenly
Most customers have higher natural gas bills in winter and lower bills in the summer. Spread your annual natural gas costs evenly through the year for easier budgeting and a more predictable monthly bill.
Enrol in the Equal Billing Plan
- Stable and predictable bills each month.
- Pay only for the natural gas you use every year.
- Join anytime in the year.
How It Works
We estimate your Union Gas charges for the upcoming year based on your gas use from the previous year and expected gas rates.
- The annual amount is divided in to 11 monthly instalments from September to July. See sample Equal Billing Plan on a bill. This is the EBP instalment shown on your monthly bill.
- In August, you are credited or charged the difference between the instalments paid and your actual usage.
- We check your gas use throughout the year to see if it’s on track with our estimate. If there is a significant change in the gas rates or your use, we will adjust your monthly instalment (EBP) up or down mid-year. This prevents a large bill in August at the end of the EBP term.
- Equal billing starts the month after you enrol.
- You are automatically re-enrolled every September. The monthly EBP instalment is reset based on your expected gas use and the gas price forecast for the coming year.
- The Equal Billing Plan is available to residential customers.
Equal Billing Plan (EBP) on Your Bill
Log in to MyAccount or check your bill to see your usage and instalments billed:
- Total charges to date: Shows the cost of gas used from September to August.
- Total EBP instalments billed: Shows the amount billed from September to July.
- EBP balance: Shows the difference between your gas usage and billed instalments.
Sample Equal Billing Plan in MyAccount
How to sign up for the Equal Billing Plan
- Log in to MyAccount. If you are logging in to MyAccount for the first time, you’ll need your 14-digit Union Gas account number, your phone number, and an email address.
- Call 1-888-774-3111. At the voice prompt, press 2, then 5, then 1. You will need your account number.
Cancel the Equal Billing Plan
- To cancel the Equal Billing Plan, log in to MyAccount.
- On your next bill, you will be charged or credited the difference between payments received and the gas you’ve used.
Still have questions?
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.