Recipes - Entrees/Side Dishes
Ontario Three Meat Mini Patties
This recipe was given to Sanson by an old family friend. He was inspired by the old world European taste, and updated it with his own Sanson beef, Ontario Berkshire pork and Ontario lamb.
- 2 tbsp hot Hungarian paprika or sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb Ontario ground beef
- 1 lb Ontario ground lamb
- 1 lb Ontario Berkshire ground pork
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Olive oil for basting
Mix the paprika, pepper, salt, nutmeg and cayenne in a large bowl. Add the beef, lamb, pork, onion and garlic. Mix them together until blended evenly.
Split the mixture evenly into three sections. Spread each section onto wax paper, making a cigar shape about one inch in diameter and three inches long. Roll up the wax paper and twist the ends closed. Refrigerate for two hours.
Unwrap the roll. Slice it into one inch thick patties. Brush the patties lightly with olive oil and cook on a hot barbecue until they reach an internal temperature of 160 F, flipping once.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4