Recipes - Entrees/Side Dishes
Chef Steve McGoey’s Sunburst of Grilled Vegetables
When Chef McGoey barbecues at home, he likes to serve this sunburst of grilled vegetables with his favourite steak.
- 1/4 cup olive oil (50 ml)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 12 trimmed spears of asparagus
- 1 zucchini cut in thick slices
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cut in thick slices
- 1 red onion cut in thick slices
- 60 g of goat’s cheese or blue cheese
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until the salt is dissolved. Toss the vegetables in the marinade.
Place the vegetables on a medium-hot barbecue grill and cook, turning once, until grill marks appear. Serve the vegetables with the cheese of choice crumbled over top.
Makes four servings.