Recipes - Entrees/Side Dishes
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pears and Cranberries
- 2 tbsp butter (30mL)
- 1 tbsp sugar (15mL)
- 1 bosc pear, cut in segments
- 1/4 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen and thawed (50mL)
- 2 tbsp white wine or white wine vinegar (30mL)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (50mL)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin (500g)
- 1 tsp coarse salt (5mL)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Fresh pepper to taste
In saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar, pear segments and cranberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar starts to brown. Add white wine; use wooden spoon to scrape up any bits cooked onto bottom of pot. Add stock and simmer until cranberries are softened. Set aside.
Season tenderloin with salt, thyme and pepper. Cook over hot grill, turning occasionally, until tenderloin is cooked throughout. Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce.
Photographed with sweet potato mash and wilted fall greens.