Energy team quick wins
Start small so you can see progress
When it comes to conserving energy it is always wise to start out small so you can see the progress of your team more quickly. Simple reminders, investigating rebate and incentive programs from your utility companies and engaging employees to generate ideas will energize your team and identify the quick wins to get started and reach your energy saving goals.
By simply reminding people to turn it off or turn it back you can realize real results both in your daily energy use and in the way that your employees start to think about using energy.
Identify rebates and incentives
One of the most important responsibilities your local Union Gas representative has is helping you to identify the rebates and incentives that you can use to help you achieve your energy saving goals.
Through our experience in a wide variety of industries we know exactly what rebates and incentives can apply to your operations – and we make it easy for you to get the funds your business needs.
To learn more about the rebates and incentives that your Energy Team can use to help you reach your energy saving goals go to, Save Money & Energy to find Union Gas' rebates & incentives.
Generating ideas and interest
- Energy Days: Host energy awareness days or weeks for employees where you stress the importance of conserving energy. You could also use this time to give your employees an overview of your energy savings plan, mention the upcoming energy savings events and/or hand-out energy awareness giveaways.
- Contests: Hold contests where employees submit their energy saving ideas for the chance to win a prize. You could then have an employee barbeque where you award the prizes to the employee who had the best ideas.
- Competitions: Hold competitions, with prizes, where departments compete with one another to see which one can save the most energy.
- Information Packages: Distribute brochures, e-mails and pamphlets to employees which highlight the purpose and expectations of the energy saving program.
- Workshops: Conduct a few energy conservation awareness workshops for employees.
- Giveaways: Hand out stickers, magnets, pens, and other giveaways that help promote your new energy conservation culture.